Monday, January 26, 2009

Kajo Park in Yamagata


Wandered into Kajo Park last night at dusk. The castle just kind of gave me the creeps.

Thousands of crows in the trees.

I made friends!

But they creeped me out, too.

YAMAGATA GOTHIC

For once I made myself turn around before it got dark. Who knows what kind of ghostly weirdos hang around empty castles at night, prowling for young girls to eat?

On the way out, a cat ran up a tree beside me. I squeaked and it turned and hissed at me. I was like all right, I get it. Then a row of icicles fell beside me as I was heading for the gate. I'm sure I narrowly escaped some ghoulish disaster.


KICKING FRIENDS INTO THE MOAT
AND CHASING THEM WITH YOUR HOOKWHIP
IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's nice to know that for once in your life, you were stopped before you got enough.

Beth Roeser said...

ahahahahahah

Sarah said...

You and the cat are by far the creepiest of the lot.

Jerylyn said...

WEEEEEOAHHHHHHHHH!!!
dude!
what's with that weird cloud overhang in the second picture! it's like, pink! is it just my monitor or was some serious ghostbuster shit about to go down!?
and those cats!
you know cats see spirits better than any other animal or that's just my experience, anyway.

AND OMG -
AS LUCK WOULD HAVE IT, I'm taking a class on graphic signs and symbols this term meaning a lot of simplistic graphic representations and ideograms and pictogram type things (SNOOZE FEST!) and that sign is PER-FEKT.
HORY SHIT.

Beth Roeser said...

nah dude the clouds are nuts in yamagata. i don't know what it is exactly, it's like i got shrunk and put in the bottom of a bowl made of mountains and i'm looking up and the sky is all framed and intense. i can't really figure it out. i'll miss it, though.

Reannon said...

that sign is hilarious...especially your caption.