Monday, November 23, 2009

I'm Thankful for Yakitori

Amanda and I grew up in the same small town, but were a couple years apart and only became friends while working the same summer job when we were 18 and 20. We attended the same university and had the same friends, and were a pretty tight team for awhile. She graduated and moved to Japan a few months ago. It's so weird. We got together in Oregon this summer, and then I came back to Japan and she was here just like, "Hey." So weird! But awesome. She came up this weekend for early Thanksgiving.

Ayabean and I even got pumpkin pie at our favorite kissaten while Amanda had green tea cheesecake or something and tried to make up for the horrible photos she always takes of me. In retrospect midnight military confetti and leopard print tights were not the most harmonious pair. Winter gets me all confused.

Aya, how's the pie?

Amanda and I decided that she and Yusuke should covertly follow me on an evening in Shinjuku. It only lasted a half hour but it was classic. I want to try it again...

Hahaha!

2 comments:

selena said...

Wow, more Siletz people? Crazy.

Do you guys know the Zanders (Ti and his knows-everyone mom), Jeremy Kortlever, or Breeze (forgot her last name, the oldest Café Mundo child, MIGHT be about your age)?

Beth Roeser said...

back in the day one my friends dated Ti and my friend evan dated Breeze. she's a little older than me i think. i only know jeremy kortlever by name.

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeird.