Monday, April 6, 2009

I <3 Tokyo

I really do. Tokyo is like my Emerald City. I fucking love it.

When I was little I had intense metropolitan dreams. I loved driving into my rural town at night because the lights of the paper mill reminded me of a big city skyline. I was born country but I crave those urban jungles, man. I miss the ocean and my rainy Oregon forests but Tokyo at night makes me want to press my cheek against some concrete and close my eyes and sigh. It's that corny. It's that great. Can you believe I was up in those mountains all winter?

Whitney came to visit for 8 days. Aya took this picture of us drinking canned coffee in Asakusa and I'm in love with it.

3 comments:

Jerylyn said...

BUT! IT WILL UPSET YOUR STOMACH!

Beth Roeser said...

DON'T WORRY I DRANK THE SECOND BREW

Unknown said...

When I was in Tokyo in October, I often found myself pressing my cheek on the hotel window and staring at the skyline of Shinagawa. I can understand the feeling of Emerald City.